Friday, September 17, 2010

My Documents are locked on the C Drive but not on my External HDD?

I own an External Hard Drive (Seagate 160GB), and I have locked my Documents so My brother and sister can't procure into them because I have loads of Coursework, etc surrounded by it. But it only locks the C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents but not My Documents on the External HDD. How can I fix this?

My Documents are locked on the C Drive but not on my External HDD?

That is because the locking system is not contained by your external HDD so it cannot lock your HDD because the data to be exact needed is missing.



Install the locking system into your external HDD and then lock it.
travel to my computer, open up your external frozen drive and then lock it
HeHeHe,



There are a bunch of ways to lock these files so solely you can get at them. I recommend Windows built contained by encryption. I see by the pathway you are using that you have Windows 200 or newer installed. First product sure the drive is using the NTFS file system and if convert it. To convert a FAT 32 file system to NTFS on any Win2K or newer Windows do this:



1.Open a command prompt.

2.Type convert c: /fs:ntfs: (c: or the external drive letter)

3.Hit the enter push button.



Once you have NTFS, find the folder you want to immobilize and right click on it, from the drop down menu select PROPERTIES. In the properties windows click the ADVANCED button and check the box that say ENCRYPT CONTENTS TO SECURE DATA.

I may prompt you to ask if it should encrypt just that folder or adjectives files and folders it contains, select all and hit OK. You are presently the only user that can undo or view these files.


No comments:

Post a Comment